- This event has passed.
CARNIVAL RUN 2020
February 23 @ 10:00 - 11:30| €15
Carnival Run 2020 – Race Information
We are pleased to announce that 2nd edition of CARNIVAL RUN. This follows the great success of the 2019 edition. This year we are extending the limit to 400 participants.
The unique race is organized by Agones Sfc in collaboration with the Ghaxaq Local Council.
There will be 3 events. A 5km Fun Run, a 2.5km Fun Run/Walk and a 1km Kids Run. We encourage all participants to wear a carnival themed outfit although this is not obligatory.
The 5km Race:
• As to abide by the new MAAA regulations, the 5km race (2 loops of 2.5km) WILL NOT be timed and WILL NOT be a competitive race.
• All participants will get a finishers medal as well and other goodies.
• There will also be a special awards for the most original outfits. Part of the proceedings will go to charity.
The 2.5km Fun Run/Walk & 1km Kids Run
• The 2.5km Fun Run/Walk will be free of charge. Donations will be collected upon collection of Bib/Race Number.
• All proceedings from the Fun run/walk and Kids run will go towards The Inspire Foundation and The Malta Hospice Movement.
• Participants will receive a certificate of participation, ONLY the participants of the 5km will receive a medal.
• Event Program
9.30am Group Warm up
9.50am Race Briefing
10.00am the 5km Run
10.05am the 2.5km Fun/Walk Run
10.45am the 1km Kids Run
11.00am the presentation
• RACE VENUE: Ghaxaq Main Square
• Race START: 10.00am
• Please make sure your name is on the list
• NUMBER COLLECTION: Numbers/Bibs of all the participants (5km, 2.5km and 1km Runs) must be collected from Eurosport, B’Kara, Level 2 on;
Thursday 20th February 2019 from 5.00pm until 7.00pm and Friday 21st February 5.00pm until 7.00pm.
Any participant, friend or relative can pick up a participant’s number from Eurosport upon presentation of a valid document. Id Card Number or Photo of the document is enough. No need to bring the Id Card itself. No numbers will be handed out on race day.
• Race Numbers: Numbers must be fixed on the front of your running top for the race. Numbers cannot be bent or made smaller.
• PLEASE NOTE: It is strictly forbidden to swap, change or sell your number to other participants. Participants caught breaking this rule will be disqualified.
• Water Station: There will be a water station at the finishing line.
• RACE BRIEFING: A short race briefing will take place 10 minutes before the start. Once the briefing has taken place, you are required to be in the starting area. Race can start any time after the briefing. A 1-minute signal will be given prior to the start.
• Proposed race route can be viewed at ( https://www.strava.com/routes/
5km Race Participants will do 2 loops 2.5km.
• Marshalling: The route will be marshalled by Police and Helpers and closed to traffic. Having said all this, please be careful. This is a new route so residents may not be used to running races in their area.
• PARKING: PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large number of participants, there will be limited amount of parking, so we encourage car pooling and suggest that you make your way to the event as early as possible not to be disappointed.
Once again, we would like to thank you all for applying and ask you to co operate with us to make this event a memorable one!
For more information please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or via our facebook page Agones Sfc
An event for everyone and for the whole family!
See you on the starting line!